This year’s hottest hue came right out of the offices of Exquisite Weddings. With a sundown reception at Montaña Cielo, copy chief Dan and his partner Kohleun stepped ahead of the curve with an ultra violet color palette—Pantone’s 2018 Color of the Year. But this tint only touches the surface of the trends that the turn of the season brings. Grooms are buttoning up with bold patterns and accents and some brides are ditching their best friend—diamonds!
Pantone Color of the Year 2018: Ultra Violet
“It’s time for a major change. We are moving away from rustic toward more refined and elegant themes. Ultra violet, like all purple hues, symbolizes royalty, luxury, and grace. These are a few of my picks to shake things up a bit.” —Rachel Welland, Owner and Wedding + Event Coordinator at Bliss Events
GET THE LOOK
1. Violet Femme, Snake Oil Cocktail Co.
2. “Ombre Tulle One-Shoulder Ball Gown,” Marchesa, bergdorfgoodman.com
3. Amethyst Planter – 03, Love Tatum
4. “The Amethyst” bow tie, ZB Savoy
5. “Aryn Pendant” necklace in amethyst and 14k yellow gold, Kendra Scott
6. “Godiva” high-heel pumps, Sergio Rossi
7. “Windflower” underwired bra and thong, La Perla
8. “St. Louis Mirrored Stardust to Champagne 24K” sunglasses, Krewe
9. Lavender chocolate, Dallmann Confections
10. Pantone 2018 Color of the Year Nail Lacquer, Butter London
11. “Portia Pavé” watch, Michael Kors
12. Dublin–City Bike 8-Speed, Projekt Custom Bikes — Enter to win this bike by September 14, 2018!
13. Ultra violet bouquet, Blooms by Breesa Lee