By Jordan Lemke
James and Shara met while they were both working at a veterinary specialty hospital, where they became close friends and eventually began to date. Later, James finally let the cat out of the bag—a gorgeous engagement ring—when he shocked Shara with a romantic dinner proposal.
Their nuptials at the Temecula Creek Inn blended both of their tastes, culminating in an eclectically rustic and bohemian theme. But it wasn’t without a few hiccups, courtesy of Mother Nature. The week of their big day, the weather was forecasted to be raining cats and dogs on their wedding!
Realizing the most important shower was that of their friends and family showering them with love, the couple was quick to re-adjust and plan a perfect rainy day wedding—rain boots, in bright blue for the bride, included.
Looking back, Shara says, “Our rainy day was the best day of our lives—we would not have wanted it any other way.”
Shara’s Tips for Planning the Perfect Rainy Day Wedding:
- Ignore the naysayers and always prepare for rain
- Make sure your venue has a plan in case of rain, such as incorporating tents if needed
- Make the rain part of the wedding by incorporating personal touches and rain-specific themes that make it seem like the rain was YOUR idea. Some sugestions include:
- Fun colored umbrellas for guests
- Blue rain boots for the bride wear as “something blue”
- A clear umbrella for photos
- Fleece blankets as a wedding favor
- Clear tents with heaters for the ceremony and reception areas,
- Ask hair and makeup stylists to stay until after the ceremony for touch ups prior to the reception
- Just go with it, and be thankful that the end you were prepared.
THEIR TALENTED TEAM:
Cake: Cakes to Celebrate
Coordination & Florals: Seven Stems Floral Design
Dress: Here Comes the Bride
Entertainment: Brain Stodart
Hair & Makeup Stylist: Wonderpin Studio
Photo Booth: Pro Sound DJ
Photographer: Next to Me Studios
Rentals: Jake Duke Studios and Allie’s Party Rental
Signage: Made by Meer
Venue & Catering: Temecula Creek Inn
Videographer: Maio Media
What a beautiful dress and the rain boots.. So cute!!