This couple wanted to be sure their real wedding was a true reflection of their unique relationship and favorite things.
Giselle and Jon, who recently tied the knot in San Diego, come from two completely different backgrounds: Giselle was born in Panama and raised in Texas, and Jon is one of those born and raised Midwestern boys from Minnesota. The two attended the University of Texas at Austin, but it wasn’t until after college when they were both working for the same company in Dallas, that they met and fell in love. They decided to make the big move to San Diego together after visiting in 2005. After about 8 years together, Jon surprised Giselle with a ring while they were picnicking on the beach in La Jolla – crepes, champagne, chocolates, and a proposal – so romantic!
Giselle and Jon’s real wedding didn’t have a specific theme, however, they were sure to include special details throughout the entire day that reflected them as a couple. From the official “Groomsdog” (their Shiba Inu, Taiko), to a bilingual seaside ceremony, cultural, homemade desserts, Spanish tapas, a grand entrance to the Chargers’ fight song, and a father/daughter salsa dance, this was definitely a day to remember!
GET THEIR REAL WEDDING LOOK:
1. Event Coordinator: Paige Jensen, Bliss Events
2. Venue: Scripps Seaside Forum
3. Photography: La Vida Creations
4. Ceremony/Cocktail Music: Darryl Medoza
5. Florist: Grand Floral
6. Rentals: White Wedding Day Events, Classic Party Rentals, Abbey Party Rentals
7. DJ: Tim Altbaum Productions
8. Paper Goods: Bamboo Star Studios
9. Cake: Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.
10. Band: Manny Cepeda Salsa Band
11. Caterer: Culinary Concepts
12. Gown: The White Flower Boutique
13. Videographer: Lloyd Films
14. Bar Service: Giuseppe Catering
15. Hair & Makeup: Friends