Our readers are in for a treat today! We had some of our fav creatives team up to bring you this watercolor cake topper in 5 easy steps. A DIY so easy, even the creatively challenged can conquer it.
First, meet the team: Lynnie from Lucky to be in Love, Jessica Davis Photography, and Stevi from Hey There, Cupcake.
Materials you will need: Watercolor paper, paint brushes, pencil, watercolor paints, tape, stir stick, and scissors.
DIY WATERCOLOR CAKE TOPPER IN 5 EASY STEPS:
1. Lightly sketch the outline of the cake topper as well as the names and date inside.
2. Add the watercolor paint lightly and apply more in areas that need it. I like to make the thinner parts of my lettering darker to add depth.
3. Cut out your cake topper
4. Attach a wooden drink stir stick to the back of the cake topper. Make sure that you attach it high enough on the back so it helps support the paper.
5. Place your cake topper in the center of the cake and enjoy the added awesomeness!
GET THIS DIY WATERCOLOR CAKE TOPPER:
1. Artist: Lynnie Diede, Lucky to be in Love
2. Photography: Jessica Davis, Jessica Davis Photography
3. Cake: Stevi, Hey There, Cupcake