Do you freeze up in front of a camera? Or do the words “act natural” really get to you? If you are anything like me, the idea of taking photos is a bit overwhelming. I’ve narrowed down 5 quick tips for the camera shy and I’m so excited to have the chance to share my very own engagement photos with you all today! Amy Lynn Photography did such an amazing job making my fiancee and I feel comfortable during our session. Trying to photograph 2 people who are really camera shy is quite a challenge.
I learned quite a bit from our engagement session. Amazingly helpful tips that I will bring with me in my memory bank for the actual wedding day. People say that having an engagement photo session is a great way to ensure you get amazing photos on your wedding day…It’s compeltely true. After snapping for 2 hours solid, I simply learned how to “be” in front of the camera.
TIPS FOR THE CAMERA SHY:
1. Have your fiancee plan some jokes. Trust me, It works!
2. ACT SILLY! Goof around together, sing, dance, jump.
3. Feel beautiful before your photog starts snapping. (Hire an AMAZING makeup artist like My Girls on Film).
4. Bring props! If you give yourself something to do while you are having your photos taken, they just look so much more natural.
5. Get to know your photographer on a personal level before engagement shoot day.
We had the privelage of being the first couple to ever take engagement photos at the SILO in Maker’s Quarter in East Village. The space is so fun, funky, and inspiring- and the art is off the charts cool. It inspired me to throw on a hand made kimono dress and just let loose a bit. I hope you enjoy the photos and that my quick tips will get you through your engagement session. See the full session here, over at By AmyLynn Photography!
ENGAGEMENT PHOTO STYLE:
Artist to be Credited for the Murals at the SILO:
Pursue aka Bunny Kitty
That Kid Peep