Coordinator Alison Howard of Alison Howard Events creates three sample itineraries for the best wedding weekends.
5 TIPS TO HAVE THE BEST WEDDING WEEKEND:
1. Check Availability! Ask your planner or venue about scheduling requirements for activities. You don’t want to have to cancel something because you forgot to make a resie!
2. Give Notice. Make sure to send the weekend itinerary to all guest prior to the wedding, ideally as an invitation insert.
3. Keep It Safe. Try not to schedule risky activities like rock climbing or zip lining. Hospital visits: Not on the itinerary!
4. Create Two Itineraries If Necessary. Your wedding party and close family might have one schedule while your guests receive a simplified version.
5. Travelers Appreciate Down Time. Schedule no more than two activities per day, and make sure guests know that recreational activities are optional.