This backyard wedding is full of adorable DIY touches which made Sarah and Shawn’s wedding day that much more special!
After researching venues, Sarah and Shawn quickly realized there was no place that would allow them to throw a wedding party exactly how they wanted, so they decided to have a backyard wedding where they could bring in a live band and a taco truck, and dance the night away with all their friends and family. They skipped some of the more conventional wedding elements, but they stayed true to themselves and what came of it was their very own perfect wedding day!
Because they were using Sarah’s aunt’s backyard as their venue, the wedding quickly evolved to a very DIY, or as Sarah describes it, DIT (do it together!) event: from planting centerpieces (Sarah’s priority was to incorporate lots of succulents), to making 200 jars of homemade salsa. Shawn made all of the wood signs, and was even there to help set-up all the way through. Supergroom! The bride’s mother also made all of the table runners, wedding attire for the chihuahuas, and she baked over 600 treats for the dessert table! Sarah and Shawn certainly soaked in every minute of their perfect day, and they were even the first ones on the dance floor and the last to leave!
GET THEIR REAL WEDDING LOOK:
1. Photography: Half Full Photography
2. Venue: Anderson Ranch, San Diego CA (private residence)
3. Flowers: Black Lotus Design
4. Acoustic Music: Danny Maika
5. Band: The Road Kill Kings
6. Invitations and Paper: Metal Doily Press, Long Beach, CA
7. Food: San Diego Taco Company
8. Dessert: Bride’s Mother
9. Rentals: Striking Elegance, Cerritos, CA
10. Wedding Gown: Modeca “Olva” purchased at The Dresser, Fullerton, CA
11. Wedding Shoes: Caparros Baldwin in “Silver Sparkle”, Macy’s
12. Jewelry: Kate Spade (earrings) and family heirlooms (ring, bracelet)
13. Hair: Jessica Bebieff, J Anthony Salon, Whittier CA
14. Makeup: Erin Wilson, Papillon Salon, Yorba Linda CA