Catering woes? Don’t worry, Bliss Events has us covered with 8 questions to ask your caterer before the big day. The Bliss Event Team was lucky to be hosted by Culinary Concepts for an incredible six course dinner by their talented Chef Donald Coffman. Culinary Concepts welcomed the Bliss Team into their warehouse where they set up a “farm style rustic” feast table and gave us favors of homemade pickled vegetables fresh from a local farmers market. They educated them on how a catering company works and other bits of useful catering knowledge.
Here are 8 very helpful catering tips for every bride. Make sure to ask your caterer the following questions:
- Do they provide tastings? Before or after a contract is signed?
- Do they provide bar service? What drink packages do they offer?
- Does the cost of the meals include set-up and clean-up? What about staff/labor?
- Does the “service charge” include gratuity for the staff?
- What equipment is provided and what has to be rented separately from a rentals company?
- Is the food prepared on site or off site? Will they need to set-up a kitchen at your venue?
- Do they have any photos of their past work, in terms of food presentation?
- Have they worked at your venue before?