She likes Kate Spade, & he is an adventurous outdoorsman who is incredibly hard to buy gifts for. Don’t you worry- we’ve got you covered with our holiday gift ideas this season.
Every holiday season, my family would venture into “The City” for our annual Christmas shopping trip. Not sure if you can really call it a ‘trip’ since we lived just across the bay bridge, but Christmas time was always a great excuse to take Bart into San Francisco to check out all the holiday lights and do some amazing shopping. We were always allowed to pick “one toy” from the famous FAO shwartz toy store (remember the giant piano from the infamous scene in the movie “Big” with Tom Hanks? Yep- that place). I have fond memories of the 45 minute bart ride home, playing with my latest and greatest edition to the wicker toy chest.
These days, I’m pretty fond of shopping online. It’s just so convenient. And although I miss my family trips into San Francisco, shopping online during the holidays in my jammies with a hot cup of tea can be pretty fun too! (That is of course after I’ve exhausted all the outlet malls in Carlsbad, the thrift shops in hillcrest, and the plethora of stores at Fashion Valley Mall).
Plenty of online retailers are now offering a “gifts” tab at the top of their websites. And although you wouldn’t’ necessarily think that a filtered search bar at the top of a website would be a good place to find a personalized gift- think again. The “Gifts for him” tabs are exceptionally helpful (since we all know that “he” is always so hard to buy for). Stores like Urban Outfitters, J Crew, and Restoration Hardware have some wonderful seasonal items that he will just love! My personal fav? The golf ball personalizer from RH (#9 below!).
Whether you’re venturing out into your closest city or doing holiday shopping online, I hope you find these holiday gift ideas helpful to check off the most important people from your shopping list.
HOLIDAY GIFTS FOR HER:
1. Make & model Thermal Pjs, Nordstrom
2. Philosophy Pink almond candy lip balm, Sephora
3. 365 Lovely Thoughts Notepad, Paper Source
4. Wine Tote, Kate Spade
5. Kate Spade continental zip wallet, Neiman Marcus
6. Universal charger, J Crew
7. Light up the room candle, Kate Spade
8. Torey Burch coley slippers, Nordstrom
9. XOXO ring, Mimi & Lu
10. Philosophy peppermint stick, Nordstrom
11. Infinite love necklace by Dogeared, Nordstrom
12. Desk calendar, Paper Source
13. Essie nail polish, Essie
14. Ceramic jewelry tray, J Crew
15. Chevron necklace, Mimi & Lu
16. Chevron burlap tote, Paper Source
17. Neon triangle pattern pouch, Paper Source
HOLIDAY GIFTS FOR HIM:
1. Whiskey stones, Crate & Barell
2. Christmas card, Urban Outfitters
3. Flannel shirt, J Crew
4. Man skills book, Urban Outfitters
5. Harry Truman shave set, J Crew
6. Beer growler, Urban Outfitters
7. Zig-zag socks, J Crew
8. Ugg scuff slippers, Nordstrom
9. Golf ball personalizer, Restoration Hardware