Welcome to our best issue ever! (Really. In our humble opinion.) We had 192 pages of wedding awesomeness. Plus, we’ve re-organized the magazine with new sections like Style and Real Weddings.
We’ve also added more expert advice—not just pretty things to look at. Particularly, there’s a lot of budget talk, since cost factors into almost all of your decisions (yes, we know the bejeweled invitations aren’t in everyone’s price range). In this issue, we show you ways to spend wisely on bouquets, linens, your gown, venue, and more.
For our ultimate venue guide, we canvassed San Diego County for places unexpected, posh, picturesque, edgy . . . you name it. Where can you get married in Coronado for under $1,100? Which ballroom accommodates 1,000 people? What place books up two years in advance? For answers, click here.
Finally: Fashion, fashion, fashion! We are so in love with the style stories in this issue. Truly, the looks outlook anything we’ve published previously. Spend time devouring the gowns feature, photographed at the Ranch at Bandy Canyon, and the super-chic bridal party shoot, which took place at the Westgate Hotel. And our very own Jessica Delee demonstrates how to maintain one singular style throughout your wedding weekend—from the rehearsal dinner to the next-day brunch. You know, so you don’t present yourself as a preppy-glam-hippie-duchesse-resort-wearing schizo to the new relatives.
But it is your day, so make it your own. That’s one thing we always stress at Exquisite Weddings—personalization and customization, and we give you the ideas to do so. For example, you can scan a photo into the lining of your wedding-day clutch (page 59). Or brew your own IPA as a wedding favor. Dream up one-of-a-kind escort cards, and mix a signature cocktail.
Whatever you do, have fun and look good while you’re doing it. We’re just here to inspire you.
5 Things We Learned
- One flower can throw off the entire cost of your bouquet. Choose wisely! Click here for more advice.
- You can buy custom-made stirrers for your signature cocktail. See which designer we hired.
- Why not create your own chic altar? A company called Arc de Belle designed the arches for the Uptown Fete Inspiration story and the Seaside Opulence Tabletop.
- Long-stem bouquets are a thing. They originated with pageants. Learn more.
- Kids like weddings, too! Check out some entertainment ideas.