Scripps Ranch couple Brittany Harris and Hendrik Nollens are originally from Wayzata, Minnesota, and Bruges, Belgium, respectively. “We love to travel and have always dreamed of staying in a hut over the water,” says Harris. The Maldives was a natural choice for these two who have a “passion for the ocean” and both work at SeaWorld. Harris is a killer whale trainer and Nollens is a veterinarian.
Fifteen guests witnessed ocean lovers Hendrik and Brittany say “I do” on a secluded beach. Local bodu beru drummers escorted the bride to the ceremony.
Photography by elle.g photography, January 19, 2013
GET THEIR STYLE
- Coordination: Event Lab (Minneapolis)
- Photography: elle.g photography
- Ceremony, reception, florals, catering, DJ, cake, and rentals: Hotel Velassaru Maldives
- Gown: Amy Kuschel Bliss Bride (Del Mar)
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Paper elements: William Arthur, invitations; Paper Source, welcome letters
- Sash: Justine M Couture
- Bridesmaid dresses: Lula Kate Bella Bridesmaid (La Jolla)
- Bridesmaid jewelry: Na Hoku