Ever wonder if that Thursday night fling might turn into something more? For Annie and Drew, striking up a conversation at the bar that Thursday night was the best decision they ever made, and just eight months later, they were engaged! From a pitstop at the place they first met, to the Top Gun serenade, their real wedding was the perfect reflection of this fun couple.
After Annie and Drew first met that Thursday night at the PB Shore Club, they spent the next two evenings together, and on Sunday, Drew packed up his car and moved to Virginia! The two gave the long-distance romance a shot despite the fact that they had known each other less than a week. For their first official date, Annie mailed Drew a DVD, a bag of popcorn, and a box of his favorite candy for a Skype movie date. Virtual movie dates quickly became a Saturday night tradition, unless of course either of the two had a long weekend, when they were on the next flight to see each other cross-country. It was only eight months after the night they met that Drew proposed with a beautiful Tiffany engagement ring. They knew they wanted a long engagement, and because Drew was scheduled to deploy the next Fall, they set the date for June 15, 2013.
After the ceremony at USD’s Founder’s Chapel, the wedding party and their dates hopped on board the Big Woody bus for a dance party down to the place where Drew and Annie first met! That’s right, fully decked out in their wedding attire, the party made their grand entrance at the local beach bar. After the Shore Club pitstop, they made their way downtown for the formal reception at the US Grant Hotel where a beautiful, romantic candlelit ballroom awaited them. The night wouldn’t be complete without a groom’s serenade to “You’ve Lost That Lovin Feelin,” which definitely took Annie and the entire party by surprise!
GET THEIR LOOK:
1. Ceremony: University of San Diego’s Founders Chapel
2. Reception: The US Grant Hotel
3. Photography: Half Full Photography
4. Videography: Quixotic Pictures
5. Florals: Organic Elements
6. Paper Elements: Brightly Designed
7. Transportation: Big Woody Limos
8. DJ & Lighting: Mike Hogan
9. Rentals: Concepts Event Design
10. Makeup: Dana Grey, Girl on the Go
11. Gown: Christos “Peony” from The White Dress, alterations by Karen Thomas at Bliss Bride
12. Shoes: Dior
13. Bridesmaid Dresses/Belts: Ted Baker
14. Guestbook: ThePineNuts (Etsy)
15. Cocktail Napkins, Stir Sticks, Matchbooks: foryourparty.com
16. Candle Place-cards: Made by Bride
17. Day-of Coordinator: Whitney Matta Weddings & Events