Stephany and David exchanged vows at All Hallows Catholic Church in La Jolla and afterwards, danced the night away at a private estate overlooking the Pacific with 250 guests. They even brought a little Southern flair to their real wedding with barbecue and a live brass band!
When it comes to venues with a view, options in San Diego seem endless. Stephany and David chose a unique venue in North Pacific Beach, which just happens to be the private estate previously owned by the late Kate Sessions. The home, built in 1926, is now a wedding and event venue known as “Kate’s Yard,” with several different areas available for ceremonies, receptions, private parties, showers, and birthdays. Not to mention, the venue boasts gorgeous ocean views and lush gardens that are perfect for entertaining and amazing backdrops for those wedding day photo opps!
While Kate’s Yard is beautiful as is, it’s also easy to transform into what you envision for your wedding day. Stephany and David incorporated simple DIY touches that were mostly assembled by the bride and her entire family (including her dad, brothers, and uncles!) Because Stephany is a graduate from Tulane University in New Orleans, she wanted to incorporate her love of the South into the reception details. One of the most memorable touches (obviously influenced by her Southern love) was the surprise brass band Stephany and David hired to arrive toward the end of the night. New Orleans street beats meets west coast flow…it was a great way to end the evening and definitely took everyone by surprise!
REAL WEDDING STYLE:
1. Event Coordination: Sara Holley at Events Plus Style
2. Ceremony: All Hallows Catholic Church
3. Reception: Kate’s Yard (contact Sara Holley at Events Plus Style for info)
4. Transportation: Elite Image Limousine Service
5. Makeup: Valerie Vonprisk Makeup Artista
6. Catering: Bar None Barbecue
7. Cake: Hans & Harry’s
8. Rentals: Platinum Party Rentals
9. Valet: West Coast Valet
10. Photographer: Bauman Photographers
11. Photobooth: Pixster
12. Cocktail Hour Band: Gypsy Groove
13. Late Night Brass Band: Euphoria Brass Band
14. Hair: Angela R.
15. Flowers: Ashley Zurlage and Susan Oliver