Today, the gals behind Nubry (an international Fashion & Lifestyle Blog based out of San Diego) are sharing their DIY tips and tricks on how to throw a lady-like Memorial Day party! Chocolate dipped ice cream cones, fireworks ice cubes, & more… keep reading.
We have a few tips to inspire you to prepare beautiful, patriotic, and edible delights as well as make festive table settings that are all in the red, white, and blue theme for this Memorial Day weekend. There is no fault in trying to make each day as wonderful as your wedding day, in fact, it brings happiness to our lives when we are in fabulous, well-styled environments. That’s why, we’ve gone ahead and prepared a dainty, lady-like Memorial Day weekend setup for your festive get-together with gal pals and family.
Below are a few DIY tasks that are simple and will get your Memorial Day party off to a great start!
6 DIY TIPS FOR YOUR MEMORIAL DAY PARTY
1. Patriotic Table: Wrap red or blue ribbon around your napkins and tie into a bow. Integrate blue china wherever possible.
2. Red, White, and Blue Foods: Make an array of red and blue foods. If you don’t want to prepare too many things from scratch, simply serve blue corn chips in white bowls. For grilling, have lots of red peppers and tomatoes. For snacks, try red fruits and even blueberries for some extra blue color. Hint – Fruit and yogurt parfaits are a great way to showcase red white and blue!
3. Fireworks Ice Cubes: Make your own ice cubes. Drop a raspberry into each cubicle of the ice cube tray, then add water and freeze as normal. The result is added color to any beverage, even if just ice water.
4. Sunny Mason Jars: Use mason jars for serving iced water with whole lemon slices. This looks very fresh, especially for a sunny Memorial Day.
5. All American, Hand-Dipped Ice Cream Cones: This is an easy recipe to prepare and a huge hit for adults and kids. Also, they are super simple to make and fast! See recipe below.
Ingredients – 2 large bars of milk, dark, or white chocolate; 2 tbsp coconut butter; 2 pinches of salt
- Melt chocolate in a pot with coconut butter and salt over medium heat – stir frequently until melted, then turn off heat.
- Dip the tops of the ice cream cones into the melted chocolate mix. Use a spoon to drip chocoate onto sides of cone. Wait for chocolate to stop dripping.
- Dip chocolate covered cones into red, white, and blue sprinkles. Sprinkles sides with spoon to coat evenly.
- Place face down on a plate and put into the freezer until ready to serve with ice cream.
6. What To Wear: Anything red, white and blue is completely in order! If you don’t want to go that bold, then add red and white bangles to accessorize or a red, white, and blue manicure.
MEMORIAL DAY STYLE
Design, Menu, Styling, Photography: Nubry