It’s no secret that Brides want to get in shape for their big day. It’s also no secret that women love dessert. So- how can we have the best of both worlds? I’ve picked several healthy dessert options that are either vegan, super low cal options, or just plain good for you to help aid you in your sweet tooth soul searching.
I don’t know about you, but any time I try to cut out one thing from my diet, I end up craving it more and over indulging. Fitness experts say “everything in moderation.” In short, no use in completely cutting one main food group out of your diet (even if it is chocolate).
But, maybe instead of reaching for that kit-kat bar or bag of M & M’s for your 3pm pick-me-up, try to make some homemade chocolate zuchinni bread ahead of time and stash it in your purse. When the choco cravings hit hard you will be well prepared, and you will still be on track with all of your fitness goals!
I hope my picks will help you stay on track to getting in shape for the big day. Have you tried any of the recipes below? I’d be curious to know how they turned out.
HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES
1. Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Bites, via Fit Sugar
2. Brownie Batter on a Stick, via Damy Health
3. Chocolate Avocado Parfait, via Civilized Caveman Cooking
4. Nutella Fudge, via Chocolate Covered Katie
5. Chocolate Mousse, via Chocolate Covered Katie
6. Mango Yogurt Pops, via My Darling Lemon Thyme
7. Chocolate Vegan Oatmeal, via Everyday Health
8. Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip, via Recipe Rehab
9. Pomegranate Coconut Mousse, via Lite Bite
10. Fro Yo Banana Pops, via Babble
11. Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread, via Fit Sugar