Kyle, 28, an Encinitas firefighter, and Alexandra, 25, a registered nurse, met seven years ago through mutual friends. “He impressed me from the very get-go as being the most genuinely nice and caring person I’d ever met,” says Alexandra, who goes by Alex. Kyle proposed on a camping trip in Big Sur. The couple was married near the beach in a rustic yet elegant wedding.
—By Paige Stables
Alex wore a black and white dress by Tadashi. Her hair comes courtesy of her “longtime hair guru duo,” Jason Mitchley and Eryc Coffman from Model Call Salon in Hillcrest. “I gave them a few helpful pictures from Pinterest and they worked their magic!”
A SPECIAL OFFICIANT
Alex’s godfather Bob added his characteristic wisdom and humor to the ceremony.
FALL FOR THE DÉCOR
“We wanted a rustic, vintage, whimsical feel to our décor. The aisle was scattered with white pumpkins and twig spheres.”
Alex walked down the aisle to a string quartet’s version of Coldplay’s “Viva la Vida.”
JUST WING IT
Alex and Kyle honeymooned in Spain, France, Switzerland, and Italy. “We had no itinerary or hotel reservations, so it was quite the adventure! Switzerland was by far our favorite; hiking the Swiss Alps without another soul in sight was the best experience.”[/onehalf][onehalflast]
Champagne flutes with heart-shaped locks were a surprise gift from Alex’s mother.
Alex and Kyle had their venue—the “casual yet elegant” Levyland Estates—for the entire week, which allowed them to decorate at their own pace.
A PERSONAL TOUCH
The bouquet included soft green hydrangeas, gardenias, light pink roses, blushing bride, and geranium greens. Florist Adrianne Smith also incorporated pieces from Alex’s mother’s veil.
As a tribute to the groom’s style, the couple incorporated ‘staches on sticks for their photo booth props. “The mustache is his signature look,” Alex says of her groom’s facial hair. “I know it’s a bit cliché—a fireman with a mustache—but it suits him well. I love it.”
A MEMORABLE MOMENT
After the ceremony, the two spent some time alone on the beach. “Everything seemed so surreal and dreamlike. It was nice to take a quick breather and soak in the moment as a newly married couple.”[/onehalflast]
[box title=”Levyland Estates, Carlsbad, Photography by True Photography Weddings”][nggallery id=327][/box] [box title=”Get Their Style”]
- Coordination: Moments of Magic, Brenda Kaesler
- Photography and Photo Favors: True Photography Weddings
- Ceremony, Reception, and Catering: Levyland Estates, Carlsbad
- Florist: Adrianne Smith Floral Designs
- Catering: Famous Dave’s BBQ
- Bar Service: Tenders Beverage Catering
- DJ and Lighting: Musically Yours DJ, Earl Henry
- Gown: Tadashi Shoji
- Shoes: Charles David
- Cake: VG Donut & Bakery
- Paper Elements and Calligraphy: Invitations and table numbers by various Etsy shops
- Hair: Model Call Salon
- Makeup: Emma Fortini
- Red Carpet, Chandelier, and Rentals: Pow Wow Vintage Rentals, Raphael’s Party Rentals
- Groom’s Attire: Jos. A. Bank Clothiers
- Videographer: Cody Caldwell
- Photobooth: Handmade by Kyle
- Favors:Handmade by Kyle’s grandmother, Eileen Hammer