For the Spring issue, the Exquisite team initially dreamed of shooting our honeymoon fashion story in Baja, Mexico. But that was a big fat #FAIL when we realized how difficult it would be to bring tens of thousands of dollars worth of borrowed merchandise across the international border. Heh heh, we didn’t try anything, Neiman Marcus!
Instead, we set our sights on Palm Springs. And boy, did we redeem ourselves. At La Quinta Resort & Club, our models were real-life couple Geraldine and Sean-Michael, and their chemistry on set really made the images. (See the fantastic results on page 166.)
We suspect that planning your wedding may go a bit like our honeymoon shoot: you start out thinking grandiose and maybe a little misguided, but once you focus on what you truly want
you’ll end up with an event that is zero hassle,
To inspire you, we’ve got beyond-gorgeous bouquets on page 30, sky-high wedding venues (like the Manchester Grand Hyatt’s 32 Bayview Terrace) on page 48, stunning tabletops at the Grand Del Mar (page 140), 22 head-turning gowns (page 94), expert advice from celebrity wedding planner Mindy Weiss (page 184), and the ultimate guide to planning a San Diego wedding—from the limo to linens to marriage licenses—on page 88. You’ll get tips from locals, practical questions to ask the pros, and the hottest trends for 2013.
Wishing you all the luck on your special day—and meantime, a lot of fun planning with our pages.
What we’re obsessed with…
- Natalie found 100 ways to use a VitaMix blender—and recommends it for your wedding registry
- Gloria was mentally planning her next trip as she designed the honeymoon feature.
- Jessica only has eyes for sequins. Check out the dresses she pulled for the shoot here!
- Jen scouted Laguna Beach’s Surf & Sand Resort for the bachelorette shoot. She did not want to come back.
- Erin practically fainted over bride Alex’s black Tadashi skirt in this Real Wedding.
- Laurie wanted to get as many real weddings in the issue as possible. Meet the first couple here.
- Corey generously parted with his beer growlers at the bachelor shoot. Male models sure are thirsty.