In 2007, Chicago native Faith Zimmerman met her Mr. Right at Point Loma Nazarene University. She was a freshman and Alex, from Los Alamitos, was a sophomore. After three years of dating, they got engaged and decided to tie the knot at La Jolla Presbyterian Church. Friends and family celebrated their nuptials in a Parisian-inspired extravaganza at the nearby Darlington House.
Trips to Paris influenced Faith’s overall wedding style. “I really wanted my wedding day to be simple, yet sophisticated and elegant,” says Faith. “In Paris, you feel like you go back in time when you walk the streets, eat at the cafés, and shop the boutiques. I wanted everything to look timeless—nothing over-the-top, or too trendy.”
Favorite Dress Detail
Faith fell for a Christos gown at Bliss Bride in Del Mar as soon as she tried it on. She loved the gold-painted roses, which made it unique and vintage-looking.
Rachel Larraine created the seven bridesmaids’ hair accessories. Faith liked that they were fun and that the feathers matched those in her bouquet.
The Reception Space
Faith loved how private the Darlington House is. “I fell in love with the brick patios, rose gardens, and vintage old-world flair the moment I stepped inside,” she says.
Faith’s dad, Jack, surprised her with his choice of song. The selection? A recording of her, at age 11, singing “Somewhere Out There” from the movie American Tale. She was a little embarrassed, butextremely touched.
Color, size, and lace wrapping were very important to the bride. To finish the look, Faith pinned a pair of cameo earrings that her mom had bought on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, at Faith’s age, onto the handle.
Alex and Faith chose a 1967 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow. The vintage stretch was a perfect representation of the classic, timeless feel they were going for.
Get Their Style
- Coordination and Styling: Couture Events
- Photography: This Modern Romance
- Ceremony Venue: La Jolla Presbyterian Church
- Reception Venue: Darlington House
- Florist: Blush Botanicals
- Catering: Authentic Flavors
- DJ: Tim Altbaum Productions
- Gown: Christos Bliss Bride
- Shoes: Kate Spade
- Paper Goods: Posh Paperie
- Hair & Makeup: Brides by Brittany
- Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Vintage Car: Rolls Livery
- Videography: Taylor Films
- Bridal Accessories: bhldn
- Custom Earrings: Loella Medina
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Swoon
- Bridesmaid’s Hair Accessories: Rachel Larraine
- Groom’s Suit: J.Crew