Chelsea René & Alexis Lauren are the dynamic duo behind Three Ways Beautiful. With 15 years of combined salon experience, these co-workers-turned-insta-friends began helping each other do hair and makeup on the side for bridal parties.
In 2008, they formed Three Ways Beautiful and discovered that their friendship was an asset. “Weddings can be stressful,” says Alexis. “The fact that we’re friends helps lighten the mood in the room.” Chelsea adds, “We strive to make the bride feel beautiful from the inside out, by making her environment relaxed and enjoyable on her special day.”
With a new bridal studio and salon on Fay Avenue in La Jolla, they’re already expanding; they’ll more than quadruple their space when they open the new location upstairs on June 1st, where they plan to host makeup classes. In the meantime, they continue doing what they love. “From the moment we could get our hands on Mom’s hot pink lipstick and can of Aqua Net, we have never been able to put them down,” says Chelsea. “Making someone feel beautiful and confident in her own skin is the most rewarding part of our day—we never get tired of it!”
Photography by Joielala Photographie
- Must-have products: Moroccan Oil Hairspray, Youngblood Mineral foundation.
- Cosmetic du jour: Lash extensions.
- Preferred ’do: Hair up and formal for the ceremony; down for a fun reception.
- Best pre-wedding beauty advice: “A little less wine, a lot more water, and good old-fashioned beauty sleep.”
- Where to find them: threewaysbeautiful.com