If you like to eat, you’re going to love this post! (Ok, isn’t that everyone?) Today we’re showing off our favorite places for a date night or rehearsal dinner in San Diego. We got our picks from San Diego Magazine’s 2011 Best Restaurant’s list. If you’re looking for a trendy burger joints or five star cuisine, this list has it all.
1. Trulucks: Best of the Best If you want an incredible meal, Trulucks is a great date spot. Their menu has lots of delicious dishes, like the seabass dish pictured above (yum!). Plus, they have a great happy hour and wine list, and the service is top notch.
2. Searsucker: Best New Restaurant & Best Chef For the couple that wants to dine at the trendiest restaurant downtown, this is your place.
3. Jayne’s Gastro Pub: This is San Diego Magazine’s editor’s pick! This is a must-try for foodie couples.
4. Kensington Grill: Best Neighborhood Grill For the couple that loves to share small plates and stroll the quaint streets of Kensington.
5. Marine Room: Most Romantic Are you looking for a little romance and an ocean view? The Marine Room won’t disappoint.
6. Hamilton’s Tavern: If a laid back atmosphere with cold beer is your style, we recommend this spot.
7. Kensington Grill: Best Neighborhood Restaurant Bustling bar and atmosphere makes this restaurant a great place to meet people. Good first date option.
8. Le Bambou Restaurant: Best Vietnamese
9. SipZ Fusion Cafe: Best Vegetarian
10. Hamilton’s Tavern: Best Beer Selection If you want to make your beer-lovin guy happy, treat him to a date at Hamilton’s Tavern. He won’t complain with their large beer selection.
11. Burger Lounge: Best Burger You don’t need to be fancy every Friday night, if you are looking for a casual, trendy spot to grab a burger and talk, this is it.
12. Cucina Urban: Best Italian This is the place to impress your partner with their eclectic atmosphere and delicious food. Their pizza is outstanding! Be warned, it’s so good that you’ll need a reservation. Trust us, we’re not kidding.
13. Extraordinary Desserts: Most Decadent Desserts This place hands down is the best place to go for desserts. Make this your after dinner spot. Sharing is encouraged.
REHEARSAL DINNER SPOTS:
14 & 15. Cucina Urbana: Best of the Best (runner up): We don’t question why this restaurant was the runner up for Best of the Best. We love everything about it and their wine room is perfect for a rehearsal dinner.
16, 19 & 21. The Third Corner: Best Late Night Menu Who says you can’t invite your wedding party to a wine bar for dinner? Brilliant! No doubt your guests will find a wine they love and from these food pictures they won’t go hungry.
17. Starlite: Best Late Night Menu This restaurant has a back patio that is the ideal spot for hosting your wedding party. They will enjoy the restaurants retro decor, local farm food and unique drinks, like the Mule (you must try it).
18. The Red Door: This charming and tasty Mission Hills restaurant can be rented out entirely for a rehearsal dinner. You can guarantee your guests will love the food, like the summer strawberry shortcake pictured above.
20. Kitchen 1540 at L’Auberge Del Mar: Best Hotel Restaurant If you’re looking for a modern and comfortable place, this is the perfect mix. This upscale Del Mar restaurant by the beach has a beautiful outdoor patio complete with fire pits.
Photography by Dhanraj Emanuel
These do look like great places for dates, especially first dates!
Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble, but the lady who handles weddings from Extraordinary Desserts (I think she’s the owner) was FAR AND AWAY the rudest person we encountered when planning our wedding earlier this year!!! The desserts do look magnificent, but there was no way that someone with terrible customer service was going to be a part of our wondrous day. Please be warned!