Nick and Aleah of Valley & Co offer up their best wedding tips for you. In our time working with Nick and Aleah, we have been impressed with their passion for weddings and their creativity. These two know how to pull together a showstopping event. Plus, I bet you didn’t know that Nick also enjoys riding bikes with Aleah at the beach in a suit!
About the experts: We are the husband + wife wedding and event planning and design team™ since 2003 and consider ourselves very fortunate to not only do what we love, but to have worked with hundreds of really amazing coupes over the years. We love to travel, entertain, and relax on any beach together!
FIVE TIPS EVERY BRIDE SHOULD KNOW:
1. Take in each moment on your wedding day; it goes by in a flash!
2. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Prioritize what’s most important to you and your fiance on your big day and delegate planning tasks to each other based on your priorities.
3. Invest in a really great photographer!
4. Be flexible when planning out the timing of the wedding day. Give yourselves a lot of padding and know that it will become fluid. Let events happen in a comfortable way.
5. When talking to your reception venue, understand the terms of their minimums and what exactly this entails. Be sure you get an estimate including tax, gratuity, and any rental fees. If you don’t have a seasoned planning team who is looking our for you, be sure to ask for detailed fringe stipulations from outside vendor fees, strike fees, electrical outlet charges, and possible penalties, to what is included in the venue’s services like china, candles or any other items.
Still have a question? Nick and Aleah will be answering your questions all day. Leave a comment and check-in later for your personalized advice from our expert. You can also see more of Nick and Aleah’s advice, tips and inspiration on the Valley & Co. Blog.
Photo above by Shannon Lee Images