It doesn’t get more romantic than tabletops overflowing with soft candlelight, mercury glass, glowing lanterns, and beautiful blooms. Lettye and Owen’s real wedding at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe will leave you lovestruck!
I immediately fell in love with the traditional, understated monogram and clean and simple, yet elegant look of this real wedding. Lettye and Owen knew they wanted an “old historic California” feel for their wedding, and The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe would provide the perfect atmosphere for this. Catholicism is also very important to the couple, so their traditional Catholic ceremony took place at the Church of the Nativity, not too far from the reception venue.
I especially loved the embroidered details this bride incorporated into a few elements of her wedding day: from the fabric wrapped around her bouquet, to the handkerchief custom-made for her dad, to the small patch inside of her wedding gown. As an ode to Owen’s Irish heritage, the bride and groom incorporated Bells of Ireland on their napkins. They also had a late night taco stand to pay tribute to Lettye’s California roots – and who doesn’t love late night Mexican food?!
While these details take some forethought and creativity, they really do add a sentimental touch that everyone will appreciate on your wedding day in one way or another. If you’re a procrastinator by nature (like me!), start making a list of unique ways you can weave these special details into your own day, or a friend’s big day if you’re preparing to watch her walk down the aisle soon! Bridesmaids really do have an important job, and you can add an extra special touch with just a little effort. Find your inspiration here and happy Pinning!
GET THEIR REAL WEDDING LOOK:
1. Wedding Planner & Coordinator: Betsy Bracken, Bixby & Ball
2. Ceremony Venue: Church of the Nativity
3. Reception Venue: The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe
4. Photographer: Troy Grover Photographers
5. Florist: Flowers Annette Gomez
6. Linens: La Tavola Linen
7. Invitations & Paper Goods: Pulp & Ink
8. Calligrapher: Stacey Shapiro Calligraphy
9. Cake: VG Bakery
10. Ceremony Bagpipe Musician: Forrest Company
11. Cocktail Reception Musician: Josh Bonas
12. DJ: Blake Miller, Pro Motion Entertainment
13. Hair: Cristina Cruse, Lovestruck Beauty Lounge
14. Makeup: Ashley Fierro, My Girls on Film Studios
15. Gown: The White Flower
16. Bridesmaid Dresses: J.Crew
17. Groomsmen: Brooks Brothers
18. Videographer: Rustic Red Studio
19. Transportation: SD Charter
20. Taco Cart: SOHO Taco – Gourmet Taco Catering & Food Truck